We would like to sincerely thank you for supporting Word Rebel. Because of donors like you, Word Rebel has donated thousands of books to children (age 0 – 5) living in poverty in New York City. Every $3 donation provides 1 high-quality book to a child in need. Thank you for making story-time and equal opportunity possible for the kids who need it most. Your generosity will empower parents living in poverty to close the achievement gap before it starts. Please consider forwarding this page to friends and family eager to get involved.
- Millions are spent on early childhood and education reform, even though preschool is too late to close the achievement gap.
- The best way to help a child graduate from high school on time is to teach them 1,100 words by preschool.
- Word Rebel fights the 600 word deficit that divides low and high income preschoolers to close the achievement gap before it starts.
WHAT WE DO
- Word Rebel is run by volunteers so 100% of donations are used to donate books and literacy resources:
- Underserved day cares and the children they serve receive free books.
- Parents receive 3 free e-books, 7 preschool vocabulary words, 1 tip to teach vocabulary and 1 reading comprehension question every week (via email-text).
- Supporters receive literacy statistics, uncommon vocabulary words and compelling quotes through our weekly newsletter.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- THROW A FUNDRAISER
- HOST A BOOK DRIVE
- ART-WRITING PROJECT – FOR KIDS
- SERVICE LEARNING FUNDRAISE PROJECT – FOR SCHOOLS
Word Rebel is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
100% of your tax-deductible donation funds programming.