Thank you again for helping to close the word gap! Remember to not let a week go by without using your words to rebel against inequality. Spread the word to your network:
SPREAD THE WORD
Dropout rates for low-income students is 5 times greater than their high-income counterparts: High school dropouts are 63 times more likely to be imprisoned.
Use your words to rebel against inequality: www.wordrebel.org
WORDS HAVE POWER
“It is in fact a part of the function of education to help us escape, not from our own time – for we are bound by that – but from the intellectual and emotional limitations of our time.” T.S. Eliot
WORD OF THE WEEK
Adumbrate: leaving someone in suspense of what you are hinting will happen.
Who are our partners?
- Day Care: 43rd St Kids Pre-K: Sending Parent Email
- Day Care: ABC Keith Haring School: Sending Parent Email
- Day Care: ABC Variety Cody Gifford House: Distributing 36 Brochures &
- Day Care: ABC Cassidy’s Place: Distributing 120 Brochures, Collecting Emails & Reading Habit Surveys!!
- Prenatal: Williamsburg Family Health Center
- Pediatrician: SCO Family Services
- Pediatrician: Berry Street Community Center
SUBSCRIBE to receive one free downloadable book a week.
READ The Giving Tree for free in a corner of your local bookstore or library.
BUILD VOCABULARY: Read more to your baby and show them less television, babies don’t absorb words very well from watching television so watch educational shows and describe what is happening during commercial breaks.